Georgia just passed there own version.
Sponsored by Representatives Hill, Caldwell, Jones, Mathiak, and Newton, the Georgia version of the Kratom Consumer Protection Act does the following:
- Restricts kratom sales to kids under the age of 18
- Requires clear labeling of kratom products labels that shows:
- The amount of mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine in the product
- A list of each ingredient listed in order of predominance
- Clear directions for use
- Precautionary statements on the safety and effectiveness of the product
- The name and address of the manufacturer
It's great to see progress being made to clear out the bad actors and protect comsumers. Hopefully more states will follow and the FDA will look at the science and the vendors in the industry will rapidly adopt cGMP standards.